AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the max angle you can have between the center of the green crt and horizontal really 15 degrees?

I was thinking that my projector would be about 100 inches away from the screen, and the center of the green lens down about 18 or so inches from the cieling. The center of the screen was going to be down about 59 inches from the cieling. A little math confirms that this angle betwen the center of the green crt and the center of the screen is ~22 degrees. In order to get the projector within 15 degrees, the center of the green lens would have to be down ~32 inches from the cieling? Is that right?

If so, maybe ceiling mounting isnt the method for me (only have 8foot ceilings and I'm 6'2" and dont want to be banging my head into the pj, lol) Maybe I'll make some sort of floor stand. Though - then the pj would be behind my head and above which may impact surround sound (it is supposed to be diffuse, but still).....

--Eric

·
Registered
46 Posts
Runco has a throw distance calculator on it's website for all size pj's. I would mount it on the ceiling and just be careful you don't get up directly underneath it. Eight foot ceilings are standard in most new homes, if you have the room to walk around it I think that would be the way to go. When you set it up for floor you loose seating space. Hope this helped.Bob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.