AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of Patriot Box Office units and love them, but, at least in default form, they are not able to do Amazon Prime instant video (I assume same with Amazon VOD). Since I have a prime account, I would love to have access to the service

if at all possible, but I would love to keep the PBO if I could because I like the other features. So, the question is...

Can the PBO access Amazon VOD in some way? Using custom firmware would be fine to be able to accomplish this.

If there is no way to make the PBO do this, I am curious if there is a different media box that has all of the features I want from the PBO plus the Amazon function. Here are the features it would have to have from the PBO...

Play damn near everything you throw at it.

Have a "Go to" feature or equivalent (on PBO you can use goto to choose a time within a file to go to instead of just fast forwarding).

Subtitle support

Support Multiple audio tracks

Amazon VOD

WIRED network connection is a must!

Pandora support would be a plus

Fanless design preferred (fan disconnected in my PBO since no HDD installed)

I tried doing searches first, and I know the Roku XS does the amazon thing, but it sounded like it was lacking in other areas. I tried searching at the iboum comparisons as well, but no mentioned there about Amazon, at least in the filters.

Any assistance would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
No way that I'm aware of to get Amazon or Pandora on PopBox. I assume you mean PopBox and not Patriot Box? Boxee Box does Pandora, but not Amazon. I don't have a PopBox but a PCH A-210 and Boxee Box, yet still picked up a Roku for Amazon & other online content, which Roku is still king for.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh /forum/post/20842485

I assume you mean PopBox and not Patriot Box?

Sorry, thought it was generally understood acronym that PBO means Patriot Box Office. I will add that into first message.

I know I can add another device to get other stuff, but trying to avoid adding yet another thing to my home theater. Already stuffed full of devices lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.