AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It says on product sheet component video bandwidth at 28Mhz. I was under inpression HD needed betwee 40 or 50 Mhz. Anyone have info on this? Thanks

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I think the sheet is wrong. Was this the product sheet from Crutchfield? I believe it is in the 40mghz range, not sure though.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
You only need 35Mhz for full 1920x1080 HD.

Not a lot of sets have this kind of resolution.

Many projectors and the new DLP projection sets are limited to 1280x720. Haven't done the math on this, but I believe you'd only need in the low 20's to fully handle this resolution.

Watching a DVD movie in progressive 480p needs only 13.5Mhz.

So for the most part, 28Mhz would do fine, unless you have a high end HD setup.

Tom B.

·
Registered
761 Posts
It's 40Mhz Pioneer has been using the same bandwidth for at least 3 years even their old 3xTX and prolly the 2xTX have been using the 5-40MHz bandwidth that is still used in the current version Elites and in the non-Elite models.

Daniel Smith

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom_Bombadil
You only need 35Mhz for full 1920x1080 HD.

Not a lot of sets have this kind of resolution.

Many projectors and the new DLP projection sets are limited to 1280x720. Haven't done the math on this, but I believe you'd only need in the low 20's to fully handle this resolution.

Watching a DVD movie in progressive 480p needs only 13.5Mhz.

So for the most part, 28Mhz would do fine, unless you have a high end HD setup.

Tom B.
How is video bandwidth calculated? Seems like multiplying horizontal resolution x vertical resolution x frame rate can come out higher than these numbers?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Quote:
1280x720 is a progressive scan rate and actually requires the same bandwidth as 1920x1080 interlaced signal which is 37mhz.

From what I've read at this forum and others, as a rule of thumb, you should try to double this figure with all interconnects and switchers along the signal path.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Starsky,

Yes, you are correct. When I wrote that, it slipped my mind that it was progressive. Pretty easy math on that one. If 640x480p needs 13.5, then 1280x720p is going to need over 35Mhz.

Tom B.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.