AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was considering a Polk RTi series home theater but I was wondering if you thought it could even stand up to an Axiom Epic 80 home theater. Is Axiom in a completely better league?

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
It depends on which Polk RTi speaker you're going with. If it's the RTi12s, then, it could be very competitive. The RTi series would win in the finish category. The cherry veneer on the RTi series is very good compared to the vinyl on the Axioms. I've owned both brands.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If I were you I'd try to get in on the Energy Connoisseur clearance...at goodguys.com if you're in one of their shipping locations, or a local dealer (I got mine from 6ave in jersey).

I think for the money, these Energy's are unbeatable (C-3's for 250, C-9's for 650, etc)

I've owned a cheap pair of Polks, R15, ans csi 245 as well as Axiom M22's and vp150. I like my new Energy C-3's and C-C1 much more. The energy's are the smoothest/flattest of the bunch.

If you don't want the Connoisseur line, I'd check out the Ascend Acoustics line. In general, I believe the Axioms lean towards brighter, the polks towards warmer, and the Energy and Ascends towards neutral...All are good speakers, depends on your listening preferences.

Other speakers to check out, PSB, Paradigm, etc, they all offer high end sound on a budget...but again, with the Energy's at half price, I think they're an amazing deal.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've also owned the Axioms and heard the Polks. The Energy and especially Pinnacle models are better IMO. Similar sound signature as the Axioms only more refined. For a little more dough VMPS 626 kills them all.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That sale on the Energy looks great but I nned a home theater and the center and surrounds for the them are not available online. I cant seem to find them anywhere else.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you go to audiogon.com and search for energy, you'll see an excellent package from WWW.AMSOUND.COM

C-9's, C-R3's, and C-C3....for 1249 plus shipping, probably a hundred for shipping. That setup is an amazing deal on some amazing speakers for the money.

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow so the Energy Energy Connoisseur really is that much better than the Polk RTi? Also i have a HK 635 so should that be ok for the Energys?

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asap2006
If you go to audiogon.com and search for energy, you'll see an excellent package from WWW.AMSOUND.COM

C-9's, C-R3's, and C-C3....for 1249 plus shipping, probably a hundred for shipping. That setup is an amazing deal on some amazing speakers for the money.
Befor you buy from AMSound.com (American Theater Systems) please ensure that you've researched them as a vendor. Just hit Google and key in their name ... let the fun begin.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I see a couple stories about canceling orders or his use of 25,26,27 years in the industry and about being an authorized dealer when he wasn't.... I suppose that's serious but I can forgive that. Of course, you decide, I was just throwing out a suggestion. Also, I emailed the company and got a quick and honest response and there seems to be more satisfied customers than unsatisfied.

As an alternative, you can check your local energy dealers to see if they're clearing any of the energies out...I went to my local dealer and was offered cost for the c-3's and c-c1, without any negotiations.

Also checked the BBB
http://www.trenton.bbb.org/nis/newse...21000001004452

It's worth a shot in my opinion, but of course you decide.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.