Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - newbie here...

I've had my Pio 4340 for a couple months now and am pretty satisfied with the unit overall. My question is this: I have read and heard from various sources that a power conditioner such as the "Monster Cable MP-HTS2600 Home Theater Reference" will improve the quality of the picture (to a noticeable level - whatever that means). Anyone have experience with this type of power conditioner? Does it make a noticeable difference in performance?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Klown - out.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by The Dirty Klown

My question is this: I have read and heard from various sources that a power conditioner such as the "Monster Cable MP-HTS2600 Home Theater Reference" will improve the quality of the picture (to a noticeable level - whatever that means). Anyone have experience with this type of power conditioner? Does it make a noticeable difference in performance?
It may or may not, depending on the picture (and audio) quality that you have without the conditioner. If your power is dirty to start with (say, a lot of interferences and significant voltage fluctuations) you may see a difference. I tried Monster2600 and several others without noticing anything - I posted some of my results and thoughts here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=334312 and in the referenced thread. I ended up with a relatively inexpensive but highly regarded Brickwall 8r15 AV series unit (~$250) mostly for surge protection. I can also hear some improvement in audio (lower base noise) but only when I use my higher-end headphones. Audio is important to me so I am happy with my investment. I don't see any difference in video PQ on my ED Panny.

Andrzej

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.