AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They have wireles keyboards. Do any of those use IR frequencies so that I can program my Pronto to turn off and on my computer or go to specific web pages automaticly using some macros that I could make?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have my pronto controlling my HTPC. I have the HTPC come on and boot right into winamp. I have a pronto screen/device page that has winamp controls (screen vis on/off, next song, search, etc).

OF COURSE, you need to have a IR keyboard (which I do) then it becomes simply a matter or learning each key or the keys you want.

Dont forget that if you need to do a key sequence on the computer keyboard (such as ctl-shift-f7)) you need to record that as a single key when you learn the command because it did not work for me if I did not do that.

This works great for simple things like winamp or other 2-3 key applications, HOWEVER, I would not want to surf the web using the pronto. At this point I would just take out the keyboard because it is much easier.

Good Luck,

Reed

·
Registered
373 Posts
Try the HTPC forum here. Lots of info, including people specifically using the Pronto. There are several IR receivers and programs to translate the IR into many different software packages (DVD software, mp3 jukebox software, etc.) I've got an "IR Man", but I'm still working with the integration software. It's a big project, but 100% configurable. Good luck.

Randy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.