AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mits so some one who can do the red push fix would be great. I am in central il so would prefer around there but I know thats doubtfull so chicago would be ok too. I just want the best job for my money. I need my set ISF'd Badly!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I too am looking for someone as well! I was referred to Jim Burns but he quoted me $350 for a simple Convergence, grey scale, and other user settings. Does not even include electronic or mechanical focus!

------------------

------------------
My DVD/LD List My Equipment List

·
Registered
463 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Savageone79:
I have a mits so some one who can do the red push fix would be great. I am in central il so would prefer around there but I know thats doubtfull so chicago would be ok too. I just want the best job for my money. I need my set ISF'd Badly!
You might try Ken Whitcomb in Indianapolis. His number is on the ISF web site. I've had Ken calibrate two Sony RPTV's. The last time (about three years ago for my XBR53) he charged $450 for a complete geometry, focusing (mechanical and electrical) and gray scale setup. I think there also was a minor charge for travel. He does a lot of Runco front-projector setups, so I don't know how familiar he is with the Mits - probably just ask him.

I'm thinking about contacting Ken myself to do a setup on my NEC 6pg front projection system, so perhaps we could share his travel cost. If you are interested, send me a private message or e-mail me at [email protected]

John C.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah well i was gonna use him but after 3 phonecalls and him promising to call me back and never did he isn't on my good side right now. I was really hopin to use him but its very rude not to return your costumers phone call.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I'm also in Champaign with a Sony CRT FP that no doubt could be improved with professional calibration. Maybe some sort of group deal could be worked out.

·
Registered
729 Posts
FrankS.

The price for a RP TV is still $350.00. I am the Instructor for the ISF classes and wrote the technical part of the course curriculum. $350 is list. I f you did not think it was worth wile than fine, but do not imply that you were going to be ripped off, apparently you have not found any one else.

Central Illinois,

After Nov. 1st (opening day of pheasant season) it will be very easy to entice me to travel to see you, especially if you have access to CRP land, a trade out may be in order.

Let me know.

Duck, Turkey and Goose also excepted.

------------------

Jim Burns
www.dtvconsultants.com

·
Registered
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim Burns:
FrankS.

The price for a RP TV is still $350.00. I am the Instructor for the ISF classes and wrote the technical part of the course curriculum. $350 is list. I f you did not think it was worth wile than fine, but do not imply that you were going to be ripped off, apparently you have not found any one else.

Central Illinois,

After Nov. 1st (opening day of pheasant season) it will be very easy to entice me to travel to see you, especially if you have access to CRP land, a trade out may be in order.

Let me know.

Duck, Turkey and Goose also excepted.

Jimm do you do southern Wisconsin(Milwaukee area) and do you hunt or have you ever hunted Turkey in Wisconsin(I have a farm here, too late for permit this fall, but spring?)?

Bill

------------------

Cranial Nerve II With control by III, IV, and VI

·
Registered
729 Posts
I do travel to Southern WI. I always see Turkey along the road by Lake Wisconsin, in the summer of course.

------------------

Jim Burns www.dtvconsultants.com

[This message has been edited by Jim Burns (edited 09-24-2001).]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.