AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 50V500 on Friday and used the DVE disc to help me set the tv up. I notice on some of the scenes, when watching a dvd, some red steaks on a person's skin. I have heard of red push but have never seen it before. So I am wondering if this is the red push and how to correct it? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Yea, think about the beach last summer when you forgot the sunscreen lotion...only EVERYONE on the TV looks that way to some degree.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From the descriptions provided, I don't think I have red push. I do see some reds streaks from time to time on a person's skin but they don't appear sun burned. It must be something else that is the cause of the picture having red streaks. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
How bout this: Red Push is an overbearing Communist!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tremelle
I do see some reds streaks from time to time on a person's skin but they don't appear sun burned.
On some stations I have seen strange splotchy discolorations a few times. It's very infrequent, it's not consistently red, and I notice it more on cartoons since it mangles what is supposed to be one solid block of color. But it's not a problem with the screen (my old TV did it), it's a problem with the signal. Dunno if that's related to your problem, but as umr pointed out, a "red push" should occur uniformly over the screen, not in small portions of objects.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.