AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I am ALMOST there (I think) when it comes to using MP full time. I got it installed, TV coming in, etc. My only issue is, when I watch live TV, it is very choppy. If I watch TV in windows media center, it looks just fine, very fluid, etc. I am not sure if my codecs need to be changed, so I played with that setting in the client, but I still am having no luck. I have set CBVA DMO for MPEG-2. CoreAVC for h264, ArcSoft for Audio, Monogram for AAC, and default for Audio Renderer. I am pulling over the air signals (digital) from an antenna. Other TV's look just fine, so the signal is good. The signal meeter also shows a strong signal.

Can someone please help me out?

Info:

Running 1.1 RC1

Windows 7 Ultimate

KWorld USB TV tuner

NVidia 330 Ion

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarzy /forum/post/18291822

Guys, I am ALMOST there (I think) when it comes to using MP full time. I got it installed, TV coming in, etc. My only issue is, when I watch live TV, it is very choppy. If I watch TV in windows media center, it looks just fine, very fluid, etc. I am not sure if my codecs need to be changed, so I played with that setting in the client, but I still am having no luck. I have set CBVA DMO for MPEG-2. CoreAVC for h264, ArcSoft for Audio, Monogram for AAC, and default for Audio Renderer. I am pulling over the air signals (digital) from an antenna. Other TV's look just fine, so the signal is good. The signal meeter also shows a strong signal.

Can someone please help me out?

Info:

Running 1.1 RC1

Windows 7 Ultimate

KWorld USB TV tuner

NVidia 330 Ion

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Wait for RC2, or search the mediaportal devel forums for an updated core.dll, I've read mention of similar problems being experienced by others.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for getting back to me on this. I updated the core.dll and that seems to help to an ALMOST perfect picture, so I think it has to do with the codecs, but I am not sure what they should be set at. Could you help with the correct settings?

Also, when I change this in the UI, do I need to close the app before the changes take place?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
You can try other mpeg2 decoders. Not sure if all the fixes for the similar issues are in the core.dll you found, you might still have to wait for RC2 anyway.

Either way the help you need is on that forum.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I will add that RC2 may have better playback on the ION and other lower end graphics cards as there has been some improvements in the rendering path since RC1.

I think your codecs look fine; although I did have trouble with Arcsoft for audio at one point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts