AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an 818 from a member on another forum and I don't want to keep pestering him with questions so I'm asking here.

I cannot figure out how to listen to a CD in Stereo mode (or 2.1). I would want Audyssey active as well. It seems like everything is stuck in THX surround modes. I also can't figure out how to set the receiver to "auto" decode so it sets itself based on the incoming signal. I have searched the message boards and I can't believe I cannot find a simple explanation to this. The manual is, naturally, no help.On my previous Marantz and Denon AVRs they had an "auto" button that performed that function. Thanks in advance if anyone can help me out.

·
Registered
830 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohfan2112  /t/1521014/can-someone-help-me-out-with-2-channel-listening-modes-on-onkyo-tx-nr818#post_24440539

Just figured it out. I was playing around with the 818 for some time and the clouds suddenly lifted and I was at one with the Onk.

Great that you figured it out. Post up on how you were able to figure it out so if others have the same issue, then the question would be already answered.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Home button > Setup > Unlocked > Listening Mode Preset where you can set all your listening preferences for bdp, cdp, tv, phono etc!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtxgringo  /t/1521014/can-someone-help-me-out-with-2-channel-listening-modes-on-onkyo-tx-nr818#post_24441480

Home button > Setup > Unlocked > Listening Mode Preset where you can set all your listening preferences for bdp, cdp, tv, phono etc!

That's what I was doing but couldn't figure out how to make the change stick. Upon subsequent tries I noticed that Onkyo's GUI on the bottom right of my TV screen said "ENTER to choose," or something like that. That was my mistake...I was scrolling through the options but never activated them by hitting "enter." The reason I didn't see it at first was that the GUI's overlay is transparent and I didn't notice the text on the bottom due to the channel I happened to be watching at the time. It just got "camouflaged." That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Now I just have to figure out how to assign my favorite settings to the remote.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.