AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I am fairly incompetent in regards to audio equipment and trying to setup my first non HTIB system.

What is the best Receiver for me that I can get for ~$300?

I want it to have HDMI switching or routing not HDMI pass through. Thanks!

I understand this is not much of a budget for a receiver but it is all I have to work with. It can be 5.1 or 7.1 as long as it has HDMI capabilities!

I have heard the Onkyo TXSR507 isn't a bad option... do you agree? Is there something better?

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...ingid=45519907

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Would you be willing to buy a refurbed unit? If so, you can get a refurb with a 1 year warranty from Accessories4Less and get a better quality unit than a brand new model. Examples are the Marantz SR5002, Onkyo TX-SR606, TX-SR607 for $359.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielson99 /forum/post/17015308

Would you be willing to buy a refurbed unit? If so, you can get a refurb with a 1 year warranty from Accessories4Less and get a better quality unit than a brand new model. Examples are the Marantz SR5002, Onkyo TX-SR606, TX-SR607 for $359.

I would be willing to buy refurb. Do you have any experience ordering from Accessories4Less? (Do they have good service?)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielson99 /forum/post/17015411

I haven't ordered from there myself but many people in AVS have and recommend it. They offer a valid warranty for 1 year so it takes alot of risk out of the purchase. It's an option anyway

Awesome, Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1678 /forum/post/17015326

I would be willing to buy refurb. Do you have any experience ordering from Accessories4Less? (Do they have good service?)

I purchased a Marantz SR6001 from them last month and could not be happier with their customer service, shipping and product. If they have something you are interested in I would not hesitate purchasing from them.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
Another option you may want to look into is the Harmon Kardon's 254 or even for a little more the 354 from the Harmon E-Bay store. These should also fit into your budget or get close to it with the 354.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts