AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As others are probably starting to discover when using the Panamorph with full screen from a RCA 100 there is a line which crosses the screen about 1/5th of the way up the screen. I think it is the same problem Pro/Beach had a while ago. Could someone e-mail me the fix and a short explanation on how to install the file. thanks.

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
What projector? If DILA, do you have Dilard?

This is a problem that has been talked about before with a couple of different options to fix it. It really doesn't have anything to do with the Panamorph. It's when you switch the Pj into 4:3 mode that the line shows up for most. You should notice this line without the Pannie in place as well.

If you have Dilard, I can send you a mod that should do the trick. There's also a Mark Foster mod that I can send you, but you'd have to have a DILA to use it just like with the Dilard mod. I haven't tried the MF mod as I prefer to do all modding with the Dilard program.

Chris

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about that. I have a G-11 dila and am aware that it is the projector not the panamorph that is causing the problem when I switch to 4x3. I do not have dillard yet so I assume it is the other mod I need. Thanks Chris

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Dan, check your mail.

Stefan, I'm not sure how it's different as I've never loaded the MF mod into my G11. There's been some question before as to how Dilard would be able to get rid of this problem, but I assure you, I don't have the tearing anymore.

Besides, here's a quote from the MF .doc:

"Horizontal repositioning and rescaling for the RCA DTC-100.

Vertical expansion to correct for limitations in the stock D-ILA, which prevent it from filling the screen when displaying 1080i sources in 4:3 mode.

Correction of an internal D-ILA scaler problem which introduces interlacing artifacts when viewing 1080i with the projector in 4:3 mode.

May be used with a stock D-ILA to display the output of the DTC-100 in 4:3 mode, or with a Panamorph anamorphic adapter with the DTC-100 in 16:9 mode."

Moderator, if this falls into "published material", I'll delete it post haste.

I thought that fell into the realm of capabilities of Dilard to the tee.

Anyway, here's my settings:

Left -2

Top 138

Width 1364

Height 1024

H offset 0

V offset 0

H scale 100%

V scale 200%

H image start 240

V " " 37

Front porch 2

Back porch 28

AR 4:3

These are settings for my G11 using the Panamorph and currently a table mount(soon to change).

Hope that helps. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.