1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
it lowers the temperature of the system by removing the heat

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I beleive what happens is once the disc is spinning at 88mph, the flux capacitor kicks in and then coolness occurs

·
Registered
1,473 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gslide /forum/post/16995696

I mean the insides, the technical aspect of it all.

I use a fan whenI get hot, I think the PS3 does also

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It can't be just a fan, that is probably one of the main aspects of the system(duh) but not entire the actual cooling system, which is what I am trying to learn about.

I am looking at my PS3s and noticed how many vents they have, probably the first console I ever seen with this kind of design in terms of vents literally being all over the casing, even noticed some underneath the console.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
A 4" fan sucks in cool air from outside the PS3 and blows hot air away from the hot processors n' stuff... Or you could just throw it in a cold water bathtub and swirl the water around with your hand. Oh and there's things called heat sinks...

P.S. KZ2 also has autoaim!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonies /forum/post/16995729

A 4" fan sucks in cool air from outside the PS3 and blows hot air away from the hot processors n' stuff... Or you could just throw it in a cold water bathtub and swirl the water around with your hand. Oh and there's things called heat sinks...

P.S. KZ2 also has autoaim!

Thanks for the reply....

PS KZ2 engine is not an Automated Aiming experience with all the guns, COD's engine is all about that.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
well... it has more vents because it produces more heat. Unfortunately no liquid cooling so yes it's just a fan.

quick! someone post that ps3 slim will feature alienware cooling system on gizmodo

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I always thought that whirring sound was the cell processor making nano machines which would stand by the hottest parts of the system and blowing the heat away

·
Registered
788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gslide /forum/post/16995670

A Question for somebody that knows about it, thanks in advance.

I used my Google skills and think I found a link which goes into all the technical details about what you want to know:
Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martez /forum/post/16996879

Machines building machines?

Like in Terminator?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gslide /forum/post/16995722

It can't be just a fan, that is probably one of the main aspects of the system(duh) but not entire the actual cooling system, which is what I am trying to learn about.

I am looking at my PS3s and noticed how many vents they have, probably the first console I ever seen with this kind of design in terms of vents literally being all over the casing, even noticed some underneath the console.

You will learn of the PS3's cooling system, in time. It will all be revealed to you. As you become capable of accepting the truths behind the PS3's psychokenesis-driven radiant heat dispersion algorithms, you will not only know the cooling but come to love it. In time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.