AVS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.I used to own a LG Tv that i bought back in 2006.I got rid of the TV in 2019.I forgot the model and the past few days ive been thinking about the TV alot.Im going to upload a video of the TV.Can someone get me the model of the tv? All i know is that its black, its a 2006 model, i got it for $2500 from 6th ave electronics and its a plasma tv.Ill upload a picture so it would be easier to find it.Im in the USA so if your going to look for the model then i need a model that was sold in the USA.Let me know if the photo isnt clear.(I had to go to a video from 2011 to find a picture so it might not be the best camera quality.)

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Can't help you on the model other than looking for old manuals or receipts but...I am interested in why you're thinking about your old tv alot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know the model- it was very early. It had the matte flat finish with the silver accents very indicative of the times. Much like the Sony Wegas and Grand Wegas of that 05'-06' era.
I think it was common in hotels and commercial spaces, maybe try researching that avenue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't help you on the model other than looking for old manuals or receipts but...I am interested in why you're thinking about your old tv alot.
Because i looked at a old photo from around 2011 or something like that and i saw the tv in the frame and i remebered how my friends and i would play video games and such.I also like collecting my old electronics and it could be a good use as a tv for a big bathroom.Cause i was over at my cousin's engagement party at his in-laws house and they had a tv in the bathroom for some reason.and i was like wouldnt it be cool if i had one

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know the model- it was very early. It had the matte flat finish with the silver accents very indicative of the times. Much like the Sony Wegas and Grand Wegas of that 05'-06' era.
I think it was common in hotels and commercial spaces, maybe try researching that avenue.
Ive been to hotels before and yea its very common that they would have that tv model or like a samsung.I did look up the sony wega and grand wega and honestly it looks simmilar to the grand wega.Do you remember the model? I would appreciate it if you could give it to me.Cause like i said im looking for a tv i could put in my guest room because i have a little space i could mount it.And throw in a cable box because i want a plasma or a flat screen but flat screens are sort of expensive considering i just spent alot of money and plasma tvs from 2004-2007 are in my budget right now so im going after that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i also have a pioneer pro 111fd that i bought from my cousin back in 2009.Ive owned it since and its in my TV room.What i plan to do is get rid of it because ive had to pour a lot of money into the tv in the past year and a half and if i find the model of this tv.Ill sell the pioneer and put the LG in my TV room.or keep both and put the LG in my guest room

·
Registered
186 Posts
If it's just to be some el cheapo tv for a bathroom then have you looked at Walmart? El cheapo disposable tv's. It's just a bathroom.
Keep the 111fd.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I would look on private selling websites and search for LG Plasma TVs.. You might just find one and instantly recognize it.. Than you know what model it is..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If it's just to be some el cheapo tv for a bathroom then have you looked at Walmart? El cheapo disposable tv's. It's just a bathroom.
Keep the 111fd.
Honestly lmao i dont wanna buy a knockoff tv.im going with a plasma cause i like the style more
Obviously i would keep the 111fd because my cousin got it new for 2500 and i got it for 1950 because he was in 6th ave and were cousins so i knew i could lowball him

·
Registered
186 Posts
Honestly lmao i dont wanna buy a knockoff tv.im going with a plasma cause i like the style more
Obviously i would keep the 111fd because my cousin got it new for 2500 and i got it for 1950 because he was in 6th ave and were cousins so i knew i could lowball him
Your messaging is all over the place.
Anything this side of projection or CRT is a flat screen. I also much prefer plasma...for my primary viewing. And I would have sprung for a modern screen. This is just a guest room tv. I hardly think the guest needs a beautiful screen. But that's just me. It's your money.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your messaging is all over the place.
Anything this side of projection or CRT is a flat screen. I also much prefer plasma...for my primary viewing. And I would have sprung for a modern screen. This is just a guest room tv. I hardly think the guest needs a beautiful screen. But that's just me. It's your money.
Id agree with u.I could keep the pioneer 111fd where it is, put the lg in my guest room cause they dont need the best screen and ill buy another tv in my room.the cousin who i bought the 111fd from, His brother just got married and he has a samsung flat screen.Its a 2009 model and he probably got a new one so ill buy that from him and ill either put the lg in my room and the samsung in the guest room or put the samsung in my room and the lg in my guest room

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay so the moral of the story is i am lost out of my mind.Ebay has nothing, Amazon has nothing, LG's website has nothing, 6th ave electronics doesnt exist and i am so confused.Does anyone know what websites i should try?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts