AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I aquired this sub and was wondering, can anyone help me identify it? I was originally told it was a Sunfire. I sent them an e-mail and they told me it was not. Any clues?

Thanks!

Marko

·
Registered
658 Posts
Looks pretty sunfire-ish to me ... but then again, I'm no expert. What size is it?

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
You're kidding, right?

No identifying markings. No info on size. Unless it is unique to a single manufacturer and someone recognizes it, it could be anything. Does seem to have a honkin' magnet structure, though.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
It could be a Velodyne HGS driver, I have the HGS 10 and it looks very close. I'm not near it so I can't say for sure.

Edit: If it was it would have a circuit board attached to the coil somewhere.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Looks like standard 12 spoke cast basket, dual magnet, probably a 10" or 12". I'm thinking 10". big surround, not so impressive spider, but I do see the voice coils so it has some extra venting. Nothing written or printed on the back? What's that piece at the bottom of the magnets? Is that a hardened plastic or rubber material?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello,

Thanks for the responses. This is a 10" sub, there are some numbers stamped on the bottom "1919A100" and "060424". The ring that is attached to the bottom is another magnet.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,939 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB4N /forum/post/18141693

Blue, i didn't think it was a joke. If it had a manufacturer on it, I wouldn't be asking. I thought someone might recognize it and give me a lead.

Like I said, unless it is unique to a single manufacturer it will be impossible to tell definitively where it came from.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
Sunfire .... Velodyne .... Def Tech .... Peerless .... any others? How many sub manufacturers are there? Better yet, how many generic speaker manufacturers are there? How many guesses do we get? How do we know who is right?

Just go to the DIY thread and use it to build your own sub like gibroni said.

·
Registered
194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky636 /forum/post/18142275

Sunfire .... Velodyne .... Def Tech .... Peerless .... any others? How many sub manufacturers are there? Better yet, how many generic speaker manufacturers are there? How many guesses do we get? How do we know who is right?

Just go to the DIY thread and use it to build your own sub like gibroni said.

It is a DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY SUPERCUBE

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
I know what cord this sub belongs to, was wondering if you knew without looking at my profile info. Just checking to see how good you really are. Couldn't resist-

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
you are good...lwj81-

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would like to thank lwj81's ex-wife's half-brother's third cousin's son. I sent an e-mail with pics to Definitive and got this response:

"Thanks for your recent email to Definitive Technology. The woofer shown in your attached photos is the 10” woofer used in our BP7001sc loudspeakers.

This woofer is a 10”, 30 (thirty) ohm woofer. (This woofer would not work well with a standard 8 or 4 ohm amplifier.)"

bluesky - Life is too short to be such a negative person, relax a little - unless you like making diamonds.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.