AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I am posting in the correct area, if not - my apologies...

When I was younger (this was around 1985 I guess), I watched a spy thriller. I hope I am not mixing two movies, but I believe it was one and I can explain what I remember of it.

At the start, they faked an execution of someone to get others to talk (actually made it look like they blew his head off).

A guy that had shotguns under his sleeves so when he lifted his arms, he blew some people away (I think I remember it near a mountain w/ someone skiing).

Someone putting poison on a toothbrush and when this guys brushed his teeth he died a painful death.

Someone putting an explosive in a light bulb (at a desk if I remember) and when this fellow set down to do some work and turn on his book light, it blew up.

Sounds pretty violent uggh? Hard to believe I was very young when I watched it, that explains many things!!

Good luck on helping me find the name of this movie!!!

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
The title of the movie is "The Soldier" starring Ken Wahl and Steve James, with the chemicals in the DYI lightbulb for the director of the CIA, but the one with the poison toothbrush is called "Black Widow" w/Theresa Russell. You can look the up here www.imdb.com Don't feel bad about mixing two movies as you were just a youngster as you said, I at age 57 have both of the movies still not on DVD, maybe "Black Widow" with Debra Winger and Theresa Russsell will be on soon; watch the Digital Bits for further info.Here's a poster b.of "The Soldier" from the INDb
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0084704/posters :)

P.S. A black widow/woman uses Undines Curse a slow acting poison in her husbands favorite alcoholic drink, to cause a person to stop breathing when sleeping. The Coin Collecter/husband didn't drink so she put some pencillin on his tooth brush knowing it cause him to die from the toxic to him allergin. Unlike Undines Curse this doesn't cause a person to stop breathing but his stomach pain would be terrible. If you remember the Undines Curse said at the womans off the F.B.I. office If I tell you more I would be spoiling the movies, go rent them and see if I am not right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you - I have been looking for years for this show! 15 + years and I think about it at least once every few months. I even record everything on my DVR that contains the word "Spy" in it from the 70/80's, not having any luck...

Thanks again!

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
Anytime just put it on, or if you want to have fun finding and helping others join the Internet Movie Data Base message boards, I have been a member since 1997. Put your movie under "I need to Know" there you will have a couple of hundred thousand people from all over the globe to help to find a title, trouble is I usually end up helping, and no one has heard of my movie. :)

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ThumperBoy
Hob you are amazing! You should enter movie trivia contests.

I have a great memory when it comes to movies, I have answered more than 4,000 questions like this over at the imdb message boards since 1997.

I first became a member in March of 1997 and have been a active member since. Chances are when I am not on AVS I am over at the boards, and I have never been kicked off ever! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.