AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this is the card for me, but I'd love to see the quality of the screencaps!

Preferably a 1080i cap so I can see how well it caps an interlaced, full-res screen.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I tried to, but the AVS forum doesn't allow pictures bigger than 640x640.

A screen grab is 1920x1080.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
I hosted 3 caps and sent you links via email.

Jim

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got it, but pic 001 couldn't be viewed.

Look great! One question tho, can you also capture 1080i screens with the HiPix as well, or are screen caps limited to certain resolutions?

·
Registered
967 Posts
I have a website featuring musical guests from the Tonight Show. I edited most of them and shrunk the size down to speed up dowloads. However, all the pictures on the "Non-Taylor Musicians" page are uncompressed. The only change was that the Hipix app creates a .bmp, and I converted that to a .jpg with Paint Shop Pro.

Hipix screenshots

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOW! Thanks Kevin! Even with any loss .JPG compression might introduce these pics are amazing! I will definately get this card.

Thank you all for the help!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, that site looks great rf22!!

I was especially interested in looking at 1080i pics, however, to see how well they handled the interlacing. Overall they look great, nowhere near as noticable as NTSC captures, so it seems to do a great job.

Anything I need to be wary of when getting this card?

Thanks!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Armand28,

The site actually belongs to a member of the forum, feldon23. I just helped take some screen shots. I just want to make sure I don't take credit for his site.

As far as the HiPix is concerned, I loved this card so much that I bought a second card and built a dedicated computer for HD viewing, recording, and archiving. I use the Pioneer DVD burner and cheap media (approx 70 cents a disc) to archive shows I really like. It's great to be able to watch HD material any time you want.

There is also a DVD add-on that will upconvert your dvd's to 1080i. It does take some patience to get it to work but it is awesome.

I bought my first card from Digital Connection but they don't sell them anymore. I bought my second one here http://www.cellarcinemas.com/cgi-bin...C-HDTV1-R.html or contact fourm moderator mkanet and he'll be able to get you one.

Good luck again,

Rick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.