AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I recently moved into a new place, and got my theater room all setup... now it is time for the equipment. I can get the Receiver, DVD, and even Screen here no problem, the problem is with my Barco 801S. Right now it is in a basement at my parents house, where I had it setup before.... Two Flights of stairs to the garage, then I have three more in my house. I hardly want to carry this thing with a friend as a full load and I recall someone saying the easiest way is to remove the tubes.

OK, so, can someone briefly tell me what screws to take out to properly remove the tubes, I don't want to mess anything up. Anything else I should look for specifically? I don't have instructions, or else I would just RTFM :)

Thanks for the help,

Anthony

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Xynie,

It's not the "tubes" you are talking about removing, but rather the lenses. If you look from the front of the projector aroud the outside of the lenses where they attach you will see 5 silver straight head screws. I think they are 5/32. Use a long extended 1/4 drive socket to remove being careful not to drop the screws.

If it were me, I'd figure a way to lug it out complete. It's not THAT heavy.

Terry

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
XYnie wrote:

> I hardly want to carry this thing with a friend as a full load and I recall someone saying the easiest way is to remove the tubes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.