AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone recommend a projector that will fit a 8' X 8' (96"X96") screen at a distance of 20-22 feet away from the screen. I am looking to spend around 2000 if possible but more if necessary.

Thanks,

K-DUB

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
No digital projector will do that. 96"x 96" is a 1:1 aspect ratio. Projectors are generally 16:9 and 4:3. For instance, 16:9 is widescreen and means for ever 16" in width there is 9" in height.

I'm not sure what to recommend you though. What are you looking to use it for? If you're looking to use it for movies or gaming most will recommend you get a 16:9 HD projector. They can be had as low as $899 (HD1000U). Though you can get others like the Optoma HD73 for around $2,000.

More information is needed really about your viewing habits. 4:3 willl be closer to the aspect ratio you'r looking for, but at 96" in width it will be about 72" in height. Most don't recommend 4:3 for home theater, but it will work. If you're doing business presentations check out a unit like the Sharp XR-10x. It's well under a grand now and is 4:3.

Edit: I just saw your reply looking for 16:9. A 96" in width it will be about 54" in height, not 96".

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The screen I have is 96" X 96" and I realize I won't fill the screen using a 16:9 ratio. What I am looking for for the projected image to not be over 96" in width. I currently have a BenQ PB6210 and when I have it located at 22 feet from the screen, my picture is about 1 foot bigger on each side and that is with it zoomed right in.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seeing as I already have the BenQ PB6210 projector, would it make more sense to get a new screen? My room dimensions are 24' X 12' and I am getting cusom cabinetry for front speakers and screen. The screen will be approximately 2 feet from the wall and the projector has to be against the opposite wall.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwlaw99 /forum/post/0

At 20feet the 6210 is going to throw a 151 diagonal image minimum. I would look at a sanyo z5 or panasonic ax100 or a panasonic ae900 on closeout

Thanks gw! The ax100 looks like it will work perfectly. Do you know of any DLP projectors with the 2.0x zoom?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.