AVS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what this is? It happens on all sources, and not just in one place. I have an outlet directly behind the panel but I have a Panamax Power Kit Pro, with a Panamax M5500 Pro power conditioner. Also, I have a full motion mount, so I've tried pulling the TV as far out as possible from the speakers, and the outlet. Oddly, I've never noticed this on my Pro950, so I decided to watch for it, and it does it as well. Which is also connected to a power conditioner.

When I run the break in disc, they are no where to be found, which is the best way to find stuck pixels.

·
Registered
428 Posts
try that same scene on another tv... then if it isnt there chances are it is ur tv ... or rewind it and play it thru again... if it is still there it is probably the source IMO

·
Banned
3,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticalism /forum/post/14322676

Can anyone tell me what this is? It happens on all sources, and not just in one place. I have an outlet directly behind the panel but I have a Panamax Power Kit Pro, with a Panamax M5500 Pro power conditioner. Also, I have a full motion mount, so I've tried pulling the TV as far out as possible from the speakers, and the outlet. Oddly, I've never noticed this on my Pro950, so I decided to watch for it, and it does it as well. Which is also connected to a power conditioner.

When I run the break in disc, they are no where to be found, which is the best way to find stuck pixels.

How difficult would it be to remove the power conditioner from the equation and retest?

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bruiser /forum/post/14322742

try that same scene on another tv... then if it isnt there chances are it is ur tv ... or rewind it and play it thru again... if it is still there it is probably the source IMO

I actually had to rewind to that frame, as I noticed it, and was a little late pausing. So I rewound, and there it was, and it happens all over the screen, no matter the source (ie. cable, and BD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcorwin /forum/post/14322753

How difficult would it be to remove the power conditioner from the equation and retest?

I could give this a try, but considering it happens in bedroom as well, I am not sure it is the pc. Also, it does not happen with the break in dvd that I burned.

I am becoming concerned

·
Registered
428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticalism /forum/post/14322785

Also, thanks for chiming in guys.

np i think it sounds to me that if it happens with any soource u better hope ur under warranty because it is time to call out the tech IMO

·
Registered
428 Posts
btw what kind of tv is that so i know not to buy it haha

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I unplugged the pc, and went direct, played the same scene, and it happened again!

Do I have multiple dead pixels? If so, why aren't they apparent when I run the break in disc? Also, I have 15 days left to return the set.

·
Registered
428 Posts
rofl isnt that supposed to be like the best tv on the market.. first of all congrats on ur income... 2nd of all dude thats supposed to be like one of the "ARGUABLY" most greatest tvs of this generation

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is what I am trying to decipher. It must be some kind odd EMP of some sourt in this area. I am completely dumbfounded.

It cannot be the panel, or maybe I hope it isn't. My panel has 0 buzz, good uniformity, and I love it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would run power from a different circuit, then switch out all components one at a time, and try a different copy of the same disc title. If your problem doesn't move from the tv as you troubleshoot, return it!

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you for the advice Premiere. For some odd reason, I feel as though it is some kind of interference within the house, as I experience this in the bedroom as well. Is there any way of finding electromagnetic interefence within the house?

·
Registered
30,129 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticalism /forum/post/14322676

Can anyone tell me what this is? ... I have a Panamax Power Kit Pro, with a Panamax M5500 Pro power conditioner. ...also connected to a power conditioner.

I think they are tiny little holes that your money is escaping through!

Look, it's obviously not a stuck/bad pixel because it doesn't stay in the same place and you don't see it on a full-screen color from the break-in disc.

And then, you are saying this happens on two different TV's from the same source, and you think something is wrong with the TV's? Like two different TV's simultaneously developed the same problem in two different parts of the house? Have you considered that maybe these artifacts are just part of the source?

Quote:
For some odd reason, I feel as though it is some kind of interference within the house, as I experience this in the bedroom as well. Is there any way of finding electromagnetic interefence within the house?

Maybe your flux capacitor is malfunctioning? Or maybe you live in a wormhole?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Strange things can happen to your picture if you run a video cable (coax) through the Panamax. If you're doing it. Stop it!

Seee if that helps.

If it's not that, I've no clue.

·
Banned
10,928 Posts
Quite often images that appear to expose unlit pixels may be attributed to the source content itself.

HD cameras and production equipment is not infallible.

I have noticed this phenomenon a few times on both of my displays, a TH-50PX50U and a PRO-150FD.

Unless you can reproduce this problem across different inputs with more than one type of program source (e.g. BD w/PS3 versus HD CATV source over component), I don't believe your display or power conditioning is the problem.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you for all your responses. I truly do appreciate it. I believe that you may be right here optivity. Reason being is that I can rewind to exact same scenes, and these unlit pixels are in the same exact position every time, hence the reason I can pause, and move frame by frame til I find the exact same abnormality. It does happen with every source. I tried powering to different outlets, bypassing the receiver, different cables, and nothing changes. I will try component next and see what the results are.

Also, it happens on both tv's, but with completely different components (BD and cable, but not the exact ones in the living room).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts