AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to upgrade my Sanyo PLV-Z3 and I am going to wait until September to see what will be coming out. I was thinking of getting either an Epson 8350, or a 8700UB, but decided to wait and maybe get a 1080p 3D projector. I noticed that while there is DLP-Link for DLP projectors, the JVC LCoS 3D projectors require an external IR emitter. I also noticed that the Sony VPL-VW90ES LCoS projector doesn't require an external IR emitter, but it brings a port for it if you want one. For me an external IR means breaking the ceiling, again, to run wires for the IR emitter. So I was wondering if there is a DLP-Link type of technology that might be making it's way to LCD and LCoS projectors any time soon, if it is even possible? Thanks for any help.

Edit: Btw, I have a Da-Lite High Power 2.8 screen if it would matter with IR transmission or anything. I also have an LG passive 3D TV and would have preferred passive glasses if I didn't need 2 projections and a silver screen.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.