AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm looking at adding motorized shades to our master bedroom with 5 windows (30" X 86") and 1 patio door. I got a quote from one blind company that carries Somfy Signature Series 3/4" for $3,034 (including installation). This seemed reasonable, though I've never priced these before. I've also contacted another company that carries Lutron and QMotion and will be getting a quote from them as well. One thing I've seen with the Lutron and QMotion is that both of them can be manually adjusted, if needed. About the only time I could see this being necessary is if the batteries were dead, but nonetheless, it would be nice to know you could manually move them if needed. When I asked the guy who gave us the quote if the Somfy shades could be manually moved, he said no, but I'm not sure he really knew. Anybody know if you can move them without damaging the motor?

Also, does $3,034 sound like a decent price? I'm expecting Lutron to be more expensive, but don't know about the QMotion. If anyone has any buying advice between these 3 brands, I'd appreciate hearing it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts