AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am dissassembling a Sony chassis and pulled out the control panel. Obviously its essentially the same unit as a wired or wireless remote. It even has battery slots and infra red panel on the front. Can these be converted into a remote?

Even though this is from a G70 chassis most of the controls work on my VPH1270 series. When I eventually sell the 1270 it would be nice if I could give them a remote. Something I never had with this 1271, but it was nice when I did have it with my first 1270.

While we are talking about the VPH 127x, where is he jumper that lets you avoid having to enter serviceman mode to operate the registration controls?

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
Yes they can, by adding a few parts including the emitter diodes. There's a thread here somewhere about how to do that, probably in the archive section.

There's no jumper for the convergence mode, hold down the 'test' button for 5 seconds and a message will appear asking if oyu want to enter the service mode. Push the up arrow button, and you're in.

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
What, the software is supposed to automatically make onscreen menu wording changes to appease YOU?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Palme /forum/post/17041716

Yes they can, by adding a few parts including the emitter diodes. There's a thread here somewhere about how to do that, probably in the archive section.

There's no jumper for the convergence mode, hold down the 'test' button for 5 seconds and a message will appear asking if oyu want to enter the service mode. Push the up arrow button, and you're in.

That's pretty cool. I'll stalk for that thread. I might be able to get the parts at our Fry's Electronics. Its a pity Fry's isn't everywhere. Best store in the world...or at least in Los Angeles. The Burbank store is the mecca for geeks of all kinds. A must see for anyone who visits here when in LA.

I guess I feel better about the news on serviceman mode. All these years I have been chastising myself for not removing that jumper.

What a goofy thing to make permanent.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Sadly the webpage with the mod does not exist anymore, but I grabed the page when it did exist.

Unfortunately I didn't save the highresolution images.

I did the mod and it works with no problems.

Here is what I do have, just unzip and open the Projects2.html file.

Henrik

IR mod.zip 282.91796875k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
2,284 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomiccow /forum/post/17042927

That's pretty cool. I'll stalk for that thread. I might be able to get the parts at our Fry's Electronics. Its a pity Fry's isn't everywhere. Best store in the world...or at least in Los Angeles. The Burbank store is the mecca for geeks of all kinds. A must see for anyone who visits here when in LA.

Don't forget electronic city a few blocks down on victory!

Martin

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Been there done that. More for uber geeks who need stuff beyond the level of the casual weekend geek.

So related to this thread. Let's imagine there is a guy on a web auction site who likes to sell CRT parts. And this guy sells the console controls off Sony projectors as "wired remotes".

Is this a scrupulous or unscrupulous thing to do?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts