AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if it is the cause before I go buy more.

I have a cheap Sony reciever and everytime I play music/games at my normal level it will go into protect mode. If I turn it down a few notches it plays fine but it is too quiet for me. The reason Im asking if its wire is because I unplugged the LF and turned it up past normal listening levels and it played fine. But once I plugged it in, it went into protect mode.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Speaker wire can only cause your receiver to go into protect mode if there is a short between the two leads.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have you unpluged the RF and turned it up??? If it still does it, then replace the wire and if it still does it switch speakers, there could be a short inside your speaker, if not, it is in your LF channel wiring in your A/V receiver

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris7445
Have you unpluged the RF and turned it up??? If it still does it, then replace the wire and if it still does it switch speakers, there could be a short inside your speaker, if not, it is in your LF channel wiring in your A/V receiver
Hmm seems to be just that wire. I took the rf speaker and plugged it in the LF and turned it up with no problems. Then as soon as I plugged the LF wire into the RF it went in to protect. Even when I disconnected the speaker and just left the wire plugged in.

What can cause a wire to go bad?

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
kinked, pinched, walked on, staples, nails, etc.

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
kinked, pinched, walked on, staples, nails, pets/animals chewing, etc.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoaru99
kinked, pinched, walked on, staples, nails, pets/animals chewing, etc.
Replaced the wire and fixed the problem. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.