AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put up an AT screen and am currently using JTR 212HT's behind the screen. At some point I want to try out another set of speakers I have. These speakers are too wide to fit in the area beind the screen alone with my subs. They are 26 inches wide and my subs (2) are 30 inches wide. I can't move these subs from behind the screen, I have 4 total. Total width of these subs and speakers would be 138 and I only have 112 inches to work with.

Could I turn two of these speakers (L/R) upside down and place them on top of the subs and leave the center right side up? These are 3 way horn speakers with the the top horn handling 6k and up and the mid horn 600hz - 6k. The woofer is a 15 inch and plays down to around 32hz. The high and mid horn are no more than and inch differnce in hieght.

Thanks
Ray.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'd think it would be fine as long as the horn is at ear level. The baffle around the speaker is symmetrical right?

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd think it would be fine as long as the horn is at ear level. The baffle around the speaker is symmetrical right?
Yes, symmetrical.

In this scenario the horns for all 3 should be the same hieght with the mid horn of the L/R on top and the mid horn of the center underneath the high horn.

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am guessing as close as the mid and high horns are that them being flip-flopped in the center channel will not matter?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts