AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm really close to pulling the trigger on a TH-50PX75U (great price at Fry's), but if anyone has this set, does it scale 1080 content OK, or will it be compromised?

My viewing distance will be about 9.5 feet.

·
Registered
30,129 Posts
OF course, half the negative comments are from omeletpants!!

Ignore this useless Panny basher and go read up in the owners thread and read reviews online. Of course, also go look at it yourself in multiple stores like Circuit City, Best Buy, etc. and make sure it looks good to you at 9-10 feet.

Any plasma will be at its best when being fed 1080i/p content, the better source material you start with the better picture you will get, regardless of the native res of the display.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Read the thread before you buy. This series of Panasonic is the worst they have made. Don't believe me, read all the negative comments on this forum before you buy.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostalee /forum/post/12934140

Er, yeah.

You'll be back a week after you buy it complaining about the anti-reflective screen or the poor processing or lack of detail. Good luck returning it

·
Registered
1,163 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostalee /forum/post/12933572

OK, I'm really close to pulling the trigger on a TH-50PX75U (great price at Fry's), but if anyone has this set, does it scale 1080 content OK, or will it be compromised?

My viewing distance will be about 9.5 feet.

It is a very nice TV and does a very good job of scaling. It also can properly deinterlace 1080i (v) many can't.

The screen is reflective but no worse then almost any plasma on the market. If a lot of light is a problem then look at the 77u.

3 sugestions 1-go to a store measure off 9 feet look at some for yourself 2- read some of the owners thread 3-ignore the troll

·
Registered
51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omeletpants /forum/post/12934078

Read the thread before you buy. This series of Panasonic is the worst they have made. Don't believe me, read all the negative comments on this forum before you buy.

Bought the 50PX75U from Frys.com, great TV! Step up from my 3 year old 42" Panny plasma. Have my SA-8300HD PVR @ 1080i, Toshiba -A3 @ 1080i and my PS3 @ 1080P and the PQ is excellent.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray O /forum/post/12934604

Bought the 50PX75U from Frys.com, great TV! Step up from my 3 year old 42" Panny plasma. Have my SA-8300HD PVR @ 1080i, Toshiba -A3 @ 1080i and my PS3 @ 1080P and the PQ is excellent.

I'm happy for you

·
Premium Member
18,307 Posts

Quote:

Prove it. Post links to all those negative comments please. Thank you

I think the PX20 was the worst series made.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/12934825

Prove it. Post links to all those negative comments please. Thank you

I think the PX20 was the worst series made.

C'mon Randy, there are too many threads to post. Maybe you have missed all the "should I return......" threads.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omeletpants /forum/post/12934916

C'mon Randy, there are too many threads to post. Maybe you have missed all the "should I return......" threads.

You know your right AND the Pio Kuro must also be the worst Pio ever just look at all the threads with all the problems, I read the Samsung threads OMG look at all the problems
they also must be the worst Samsungs EVER

Or you could just be a troll
I wounder witch it is

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the TH50PX75U and am very happy with it. As a matter of fact I might the 42" for my bedroom with my fed return. My best friend has a 52" Sharp Aquas and if I had my choice I would take my Panny over it. Could be the source though; I have DTV HD and he has Comcast HD.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tower101 /forum/post/12935099

You know your right AND the Pio Kuro must also be the worst Pio ever just look at all the threads with all the problems, I read the Samsung threads OMG look at all the problems
they also must be the worst Samsungs EVER

Or you could just be a troll
I wounder witch it is

And you are the same guy that returned a 700U for this piece of junk? No credibility

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
No, I returned a PX75u for a PX77u then PZ700 then a PZ77u, might have had a Sammy or 2 in there some where and maybe 1 or 2 others. Note they where not all returned some where given away some where sold.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tower101 /forum/post/12935556

No, I returned a PX75u for a PX77u then PZ700 then a PZ77u, might have had a Sammy or 2 in there some where and maybe 1 or 2 others. Note they where not all returned some where given away some where sold.

With all the returns I bet the stores think you are a troll. Commitment issues?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tower101 /forum/post/12935556

I put it in bold this time to help with your very weak reading comprehension.

I buy new things all the time when I get tied of something I sell it or give it away.

·
Registered
95 Posts

Quote:

....This series of Panasonic is the worst they have made....

I don't agree with that at all. I've had the G8 5 series, last years G9 6 series and this years G10 7 series. IMO the 7 series is the best out of them. The G8's were good but the G10's have more features and offer similar great PQ. I think last years 6 series was the worst out of the ones i've owned personally due to purple snakes and the 1080i and 1080p processing is not as good as the 7 series. Basically the 7 series is an improved version of the 6 series with no purple snakes and improved picture processing with added features. They accept 1080/24p and although it probably has 3:2 pulldown applied to it the results are far better than the 6 series as the judder is more or less non-existant when compared to the 6 series. The 8 series looks promising though. Just my opinion. Each to there own.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, I did read a ton of the forum posts and therefore I've decided to go ahead with it. So if I do end up hating it, I'll owe omeletpants a Coke.

By the way, omeletpants, just what sort of television do you recommend? I'm being serious here, not attacking.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts