AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've searched all over the internet and can't find a definitive answer for this. I want to know if i can stream 24/96 audio from my iTunes library over wifi (through linksys router) to an Apple TV 2 without any loss over wifi.

I know the Apple TV 2 can handle 24/96, but what isn't clear to me is if its preserved over the wireless transfer.

Anyone know for sure?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
The ATV resamples the input to 48khz output while the Aiport express maintains 44.1khz. If audio only is desired and you have an iTouch/Pad then the Airport express is the more capable audio streaming device. Bit perfect analysis available here....

http://www.stereophile.com/digitalprocessors/505apple/

I have both (2 airports and 4 ATV2s) and i can tell the difference with lossless CD tracks.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I can confirm that the Apple TV 2 blows as a 24/96 player. As the previous poster mentioned, it will re-sample up/down to 48khz, but at least it supposedly maintains the 24-bit depth. I have not been able to confirm that though. If you need 24/96, look elsewhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.