AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to build my center speaker into a wall that I'm going to mount my plasma to. The front channels will be on stands with the front baffle 1.5-2 ft in front of the wall. This should add about 2ms of delay in the center relative to the fronts. My processor (rotel 1066) does not have a way to set a delay for the fronts. Will this really be a problem ? When listening to music on my 2 channel system I specifically selected speakers with a deep soundstage. In my mind this should produce a similar effect...so maybe it will be a plus..

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
technically the 3 speakers should be equidistant from your listening position. This means the center speaker should actually be behind the front plane of the main left and right speakers, as if it was on a partial arc of a circle with your listening position at the center of a radius.

This may or may not place the center 1.5 feet in back of the mains. If you take a tape measure and actually measure each of the three speaker's distances to the listening position, you will know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.