AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. so i recently bought some RTi8's to go w/ an Onkyo 605 I had purchased from a board member several months ago, the RTi8's were delivered to my condo a couple of days ago.

i went out yesterday to purchase some speaker wire & get home & "setup" my RTi8's & onkyo 605, only to find that i need a TV to do the initial setup; the problem is i don't have a TV at the moment & won't be ordering my plasma for another month or so (i've been watching TV from my laptop the last 6 months); does anyone know if there is any way to run the initial setup w/o a TV? or am i just going to have to deal w/ having my RTi8's silently taunt me from the corner of the living room?

(i'd like to go ahead & setup the 605 & a DVD/CD player to listen to music while I wait for my plasma)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Go ahead and set it up. The front display of the receiver will guide you through it as soon as you plug in the mic.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Having the menu output to your TV just makes it easier to read/visualize the menu structure. All the options are accessible through the 605's display.

No TV?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts