AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm buying a Leeza. I am currently using an Extron SS 220 to handle sync conversion, because my Dwin HD-700 only takes negative sync and the DTC-100 STB only puts out positive. I was going to sell the Extron because I kind of thought that the Leeza would handle that sync polarity inversion for me. But, now I'm paranoid and I notice that it only indicates specifically that it handles this during component to RGB conversion. But what about the DTC-100, which would just be in passthrough mode? Will it do this polarity conversion for me, or would I still have to keep the Extron to do that?

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to switch forums when I posted this. It should have gone into the video processors forum. I'm going to repost it over there.

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In case anyone is keeping score... unfortunately, the word from the horse's mouth is that it will only do it while converting from component to RGB. It won't do it for RGB passthrough, which would be the case for the DTC-100's HD signal going through the Leeza. Oh well... Either I buy a new STB (and I'm not sure any new ones are that much better than the DTC anyway), or I keep the Extron. I'll have to think about it.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Dean,

Time for a new set top box. You'll love the integrated channels of the newer units, slightly better reception, better cosmetics, and you won't need to change the sync for the HD700.

At first I missed my DTC100's "personality," but I wouldn't go back now.

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only thing that would stop me is if I might want to get one of the 169time mods so that I can record OTA stuff onto a HD-VCR. I'm not too hip on VCR at all, and I wouldn't worry about it at all if it were clear that HD-DVD were any time close. But, if its not, and I had to get one of the new D-VHS decks in order to get prerecorded content, I'd hate not to be able to record OTA stuff onto it, to build up a small library of the kind of gorgeous documentary stuff that PBS shows sometimes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.