AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a CRT with composite/s-video/component inputs. The component only handles 480i though, not 480p. Can the Mac Mini output 480i, and if so through what interface?

I need something to drive my TV set. My initial thought was an AppleTV, but from what I could gather in my searches it only supports 480i if the TV supports "simulated widescreen" or something like that. I don't think my TV does. My next thought was a Mac Mini, but I haven't been able to find if it can definitely support 480i. If neither of those work, then maybe something like a Popcorn Hour which can definitely support it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great! I was thinking how to get the component cables to work, but s-video would be fine.

Does the Mini automatically change resolution for s-video, or do you have to use on of the resolution apps to change it?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_yellowblue /forum/post/14294717

Great! I was thinking how to get the component cables to work, but s-video would be fine.

Does the Mini automatically change resolution for s-video, or do you have to use on of the resolution apps to change it?

Should work automatically (did for me).

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
i have the same question also, although i would like to output hdmi from the min into an external scaler. how would i achieve 480i output via hdmi from the mini?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts