AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get Paradigm's Studio 100 System but I am wondering if the Marantz 7400 would be able to handle the power hungry Studio 100s along w/ the other speakers in the set?

Sadly I am working on a limited budget, so picking up the Studio 100 System and the Marantz 7400 would max out my budget which means I couldn't pick up an Amp as well. :(

Should I just "downgrade" to the Paradigm Monitor 11 system until I can save up for the "next level" of speakers? Or will the Marantz be able to power the system until I can buy an Amp/PrePro?

·
Banned
20,735 Posts
It should be ok. If you run with things set small for movies you should be good. I would not downgrade speakers, as better speakers will sound better no matter what you put them on (within reason). However, I would be wary of pushing things too hard if you run 2-channel full range, for fear of clipping, and certainly you may benefit sonically from adding more amps. I would go for it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. I was most definitely leaning towards picking up the better speakers and taking my chances w/ the Receiver.

Anyone here have experience w/ the 7400 and a set of speakers that require a lot of power?

·
Banned
20,735 Posts
I have a 5300 and dynaudio 52SE, which are 4ohm, and not particularly efficient. The paradigm 100s likely pose a similar or even less demanding load, and with a 7400 you should be more than ok. My setup sounds very nice as it is, though certainly down the road i may add outboard amps.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Yes the 100's require a bit more power to get them to shine but the 7400 should drive them ok....you can get an amp at a later date (Parasound, Anthem, Rotel, etc.) to find out what you've been missing. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.