AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
It can be done, but depending on your screen size, may be close to the ground. I have mine at 7'10" to a 100" diagonal and the screen height is very good. If you drop it ten inches, it's going to be fairly low, but not unwatchable. Just make sure your seating area is set up so that you have nothing in front of you that could affect your view of the screen. I would also use a mount that is fairly low profile. I have a Chief mount and it only drops the projector from the ceiling about 4.5 inches.

·
Registered
139 Posts

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
Mine ceiling is 7' 3" (87") and the center of the HC1500's lens is at 6' 11" (83"). The projector is tilted up VERY slightly and doesn't cause any trapazodial shape to the image and I'm not using any keystoning either. My screen is a 104" diagonal and the frame is 20" off the floor and the veiwable part of the screen that the image falls on is 21 1/2" off the floor.

·
Registered
280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by b8b /forum/post/12939151

That calculator doesn't have the HC1500 (why not?). I think you can use the HD1000U instead, if I am not mistaken (I hope not! I am in the mounting process now).

HC1500 and HD1000U are basically the same projector.

Peter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts