AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the navigation button (up, down, left, right, & push for enter) button on the MX-700 be programmed to work with on screen menus for such devices as the Ultimate TV receiver (RCA DWD 490RE) and the Sony SAT HD-200? I have both these devices and would like to be able to control them with one remote.

If so, are there codes already available, or do they need to be done with the learning remote function? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
There are built-in codes available for the RCA 490 and the Sony HD100 (which should be mostly the same as the HD200). You could also learn them or import them from a Pronto CCF. There are many ways to skin the same cat with the MX-700. :D

Download the software from either my website or hometheatermaster.com if you want to get a better idea of what you can do with MXEditor.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RRichardson
Can the navigation button (up, down, left, right, & push for enter) button on the MX-700 be programmed
Absolutely! The only buttons that can't be programmed on the MX-700 are PAGE, MAIN, and FAV.
Quote:
If so, are there codes already available, or do they need to be done with the learning remote function?
It's your choice, they can be programmed with either method. Probably the fastest way to get it working would be to simply learn the codes from your factory remote. The codes are likely in the pre-programmed section as Mike mentions above, but I find that learning is often the best way to program a remote, that way you don't have to play the "trial and error" game to see if the pre-programmed codes all work for your equipment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.