1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,484 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
on screen channel guide and one touch recording as it shows on the MyHTPC site. I do not have the card yet so I have not tried Karnis' suggestion of launching the myHD application. I saw that there appears to be a myHD plugin for myHTPC but I cannot tell which one I supposed to use. Is it the GotTV plugin?>

thanks

AC

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Dont know, dont need it or plan to use it....I use MyHD for capture and playback only. From what I've read the MyHTPC EPG plug in is a bit of a kludge anyway, and my Samsung DirecTV HD STB does all that anyway....sorry!

·
Registered
387 Posts
I wrote the myHD plugin for myhtpc to integrate it with the EPG plugin for recording. To use it you would need to edit the channel list to match what you get from xmltv. I believe this is the kludge part being spoke of. If you would like to use it and have a hard time getting it to work I am more than happy to give you a hand.

It's available for download on the myHD site. I use myHtpc as an onscreen guide for the 5 HD channels I get here in DC (ABC,NBC,CBS,FOX, and WB). If the program is currently on it will tune myHD to that channel. If the program is in the future it will launch the myHd recording interface with all of the settings for your selected program, so you should just need to hit the ok box.

If you have any questions please let me know.

·
Registered
387 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
I can vouch that the plugin written by jmb295 works like a charm. I've been doing one-touch myHD timer recordings through the myHTPC program guide for several months now; I can't believe I used to have to manually program DVHS timer recordings to time-shift HD. It takes a little patience to get it set up, but it's worth it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jmb295

sorry to be a pain but how do i get your plugin setup in Myhtpc? I have xmltv properly populating the guide, and i have the plugin in the folder and I right clicked and registered it, but now what? I am no myHTPC expert but I know enough to be dangerous. What do I have to do to "edit the channel list"

Any advice/direction would be greatly appreciated...

AC

·
Registered
7 Posts
aaronc_98:

To edit the channel list, you will have to edit the variable declarations in the myHTPC_EpgMyHDTVPlugin.wsc file. Use a text editor like notepad or textpad to do this. There are alot of comments that describes what you need to do in this script file.

Related issue:

I have setup this plugin to work with MyHD and MyHTPC almost 100%. I am using the remote that came with the MyHD 120 card in MyHTPC to navigate, and that works fine, but when I launch the MyHD tv app from MyHTPC, all the remote button keypresses are entered twice. For example, I press "2" and it enters "22". Another example, I press the channel up button and it goes up two channels.

This problem is only when both MyHTPC and MyHD tv app are both running. There are no problems when just running the MyHD tv app without MyHTPC. I suspect it has to do with the way MyHTPC is interpreting the remote commands and it is reissueing the commands to itself as key presses? Any suggestions to how to fix this problem?

·
Registered
8 Posts
jmb295

Thanks for the plugin, I'm lovin' it!

You mention getting the channel names to match. I gave it a shot, but when I launch to Watch Now from the guide in myHTPC, the myHD app tunes to channel A00 which isn't right.

In my Channel listing from xmltv I have for example:

[C5ksdk.zap2it.com]

number=0

name=5 KSDK

In myHD the Channel Setting for this stations is:

Virtual: D05-1

Physical: D35

Channel Name: 5 KSDK

What am I missing? I am running the beta myHD app, btw.

Thanks!

Dave

·
Registered
387 Posts
tikwanleap,

Your problem was the way xmltv has changed their channel names. As it has been mention you can use XMLTVAutomate. There is also a perl script someone wrote that I use to strip out the names, if someone would like that I'll post it here. I can't use xmltvautomate in my setup so I had to find another way around it.

As for the two channel presses, I'm sorry I haven't seen that in my system. I use girder though to receive my IR signals from a remote, and then send the intended command to myHD or myHTPC. I don't use myHTPC's ir remote functionality.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Bob Sorel and has been working on a myHD gml file (girder file) to send commands to myHD. The following thread link contains his latest file, it is also meant to work with a pronto remote. You can just import the gml file in girder, and then re-learn the events with your current remote buttons.

If this is your first stab at girder it may get a little frustrating, but once you begin to understand it you'll love it for the unlimited potential it has.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&pagenumber=17

·
Registered
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tikwanleap
aaronc_98:

Related issue:

I have setup this plugin to work with MyHD and MyHTPC almost 100%. I am using the remote that came with the MyHD 120 card in MyHTPC to navigate, and that works fine, but when I launch the MyHD tv app from MyHTPC, all the remote button keypresses are entered twice. For example, I press "2" and it enters "22". Another example, I press the channel up button and it goes up two channels.

This problem is only when both MyHTPC and MyHD tv app are both running. There are no problems when just running the MyHD tv app without MyHTPC. I suspect it has to do with the way MyHTPC is interpreting the remote commands and it is reissueing the commands to itself as key presses? Any suggestions to how to fix this problem?
You are correct that the MyHD application is interpreting both the IR code from the remote and the keypress from myHTPC. My workaround is to use a different remote for my HTPC. I am using a Radio Shack 15-2116 learning remote. There are certain device codes on this remote which can be seen by the MyHD IR receiver. I think the one I am using is VCR 0037. Then, I set up myHTPC using the WinLIRC plugin and learned the appropriate keys (like you have done already with the MyHD remote). There are a some MyHD commands that you might need to learn from the MyHD remote to the learning remote (Power, skip ahead, skip back). The key is to not teach any commands that overlap with a keyboard equivalent command (number keys, play, etc.)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.