AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having some problems with the Fusion HDTV II card (but it could be the transmission) with 720p signals.

I'm considering exchanging for the MyHD card but my NEC LT150 projector has a fixed resolution of 1024 X 768.

It appears I would need the "DVI Daugther Card" since the NEC has a VGA port, but no digital port.

The main question is, will the MyHD card scale any and all signals to fill my screen (at least the width, I know the 16:9 aspect ratio material will not fill the screen top-to-bottom)?

Can it be told to output everything at a 1024 pixel width?

Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

-Tom

· Registered
4,321 Posts
Yes, 1024x768 is one of the choices. This will allow you to view 4:3 material at its full size.

· Registered
3,496 Posts
I have the exact same setup. Works great. No need for the DVI daughter card since you only need RGB (vga).

"The main question is, will the MyHD card scale any and all signals to fill my screen" - as long as the projector is far enough from the screen :) The NEC does not have zoom capabilities.

Actually the NEC will take other resolutions. I have tried 1080i and 1024p. The only thing I noticed was an annoying click when it changes resolutions. Some of the HD content does not fill the screen by default, ABC here uses 720p and for some reason which has a little underscan.

Fusion does have problems with 720p. Beta testers have identified that the Fusion tries to deinterlace the progressive signal.

· Registered
545 Posts
I use it with my Sharp M20X (1024 x 768) and it works great.

MyHD has severals setting options between aspect ratio and how you would like to fill, crop and letterbox the picture.

You probably want to use powerstrip and use some advanced timings. This will set your desktop to something like 1024 x 576 (16:9)

Clay

· Registered
809 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by clayfree

You probably want to use powerstrip and use some advanced timings. This will set your desktop to something like 1024 x 576 (16:9)

Clay
So there's no confusion, PS doesn't affect the full screen HD output of the MyHD only the image you see when the PC desktop is passed through. The full screen output signal is generated by the MyHD not the video card.

· Banned
539 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tandrb
It appears I would need the "DVI Daugther Card" since the NEC has a VGA port, but no digital port.
The MyHD card works perfectly fine connecting to VGA, provided that your projector supports the proper HD resolutions. My guess is connecting via the VGA port is the preferred method, as this is the only thing the card does right out of the box.

· Registered
464 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by simmike
The MyHD card works perfectly fine connecting to VGA, provided that your projector supports the proper HD resolutions. My guess is connecting via the VGA port is the preferred method, as this is the only thing the card does right out of the box.
You can also use the component cable connects to the MyHD vga port.

· Banned
539 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hvn4179
You can also use the component cable connects to the MyHD vga port.
It doesn't offer component cable connect without buying something extra. And if you do connect via component to many HDTVs, you will need a transcoder. Virtually all projectors ship with a VGA cable, so connecting to MyHD is a snap.

· Registered
13,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by simmike
It doesn't offer component cable connect without buying something extra. And if you do connect via component to many HDTVs, you will need a transcoder. Virtually all projectors ship with a VGA cable, so connecting to MyHD is a snap.
The only "extra" needed is a VGA to component breakout cable. MyHD can be set to output component (YPbPr) so a transcoder is not needed.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess I was mixed up on the daughter card. I thought the MyHD 120 ONLY had a digital port and the daugther card converted it to a VGA port. Now, it seems that it is the other way around and I will not need the daugther card. I hook up my projector to the VGA port as it stands now, so I guess it will be the same.

My understanding is that there is some cable that runs from my Radeon card into the MyHD card as a pass-through to the projector. Is that right?

-Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.