AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can connect to a hard drive that I am sharing from my Windows 7 PC via WiFi and play music from my PC. But I cannot seem to be playing any video.

Is it possible for the TX-NR626 to play video this way and if so what video file types does it support?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
No such luck. With all the other networked devices available that do stream video I wonder if we will ever see it on a receiver.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In my setup, I have an Apple TV connected to receiver. I use the Apple's Home Sharing option. All my movies are setup in my iTunes on my computer, and I can access them all on Apple TV, second apple TV in bedroom, 2 iPhones and 2 iPads. I added the "Genre" information so in Apple TV, I sort of have a catalog view.

It works pretty well for my needs.

My older setup (before my Apple TV purchase) was to use my Blu-ray player with built in DLNA support. That had a built in wifi. It allowed me to browse my computer's shared folders (or on NAS drive). I could play from there directly.

Although now I feel that the Apple TV setup is better just because I have everything in one place and can stream on any device.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@hammerdwn I do not have a smart TV. And at the moment everything goes to the Onkyo and then to my plain LCD TV. The receiver selects the input to my TV... if the TV were to be the streaming input source I will have to send the audio back to amp which seems a bit backwards.
@MandM I do have an xbox but no wWiFi adapter. So I will have to have a cable which makes the WiFi in the receiver a bit useless. Most of the apps on the Onkyo can be downloaded and installed on the XBox itself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts