AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I e-mailed them asking the differences between the LN46B630 and the LN46B610 and I wanted to see if the 610 had a matte screen like the 630 did and this was their response: Thank you for contacting Samsung Email Support,

We don't actually have that information available to us, but I don't believe any of the LCDs we make are matte

screens anymore.

I am about to order a Samsung and this lack of simple knowledge sort of makes me second guess my decision.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Customer support teams are not the people designing or manufacturing the product. They are people, probably in an outsourced office, with a binder in front of them that covers most common issues.

Afaik, the 630/610 etc models are all special sub-models of the 650. Therefore their exact design specs for particulars that normally aren't listed on the box or in the manual, aren't going to be readily available to someone at a customer call center.

It's probably something he/she would have to inquire about with HQ in order to get a definite answer on. But it sounds like the person was lazy and didn't want to put in the effort when they could just give you a vague answer like they did.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cant possibly be the only person to send an e-mail asking if they had LCD's with matte screens. You would think after umpteen e-mails of the same question someone would actually take initiative and look into this further. It's product knowledge thats very important to the customer. If they weren't sure they should have forwarded my e-mail to tech support who knows a little more about specifics of their sets.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Experiences like this, pertaining especially to service, is main reason I returned a Sharp set, it didn't fill me with a lot of confidence for a product that should be with me for many years.

Poor service is never acceptable to me... out-sourced or not.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urlacher5454 /forum/post/16944491

someone would actually take initiative and look into this further. It's product knowledge thats very important to the customer. If they weren't sure they should have forwarded my e-mail to tech support who knows a little more about specifics of their sets.

You are thinking like a consumer/customer and that makes PERFECT sense.

Because I work on the corporate side of things, I will let u on a little secret... Companies treat their customers (the reality) on a macro level, meaning they can't spend a whole lot of time, or even any, for any little question for the individual. They leave that for the retailers and their staff. You should have better luck emailing to Crutchfield.com (although in my experience, not exponentially so).

They think/plan this way: If we make such and such move, we can bring THIS MUCH business (marketing, store's shelf space etc), versus if we have a good customer service staff, we can bring this little more business. It's all a number game. They will spend resources on what bring the greatest gain, and tend to ignore the little (customer service) gain.

Now am talking about any large company selling retail, not the high-end vendors, ie Mark Levinson selling u $10,000 amplifiers.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBobb /forum/post/16944917

You are thinking like a consumer/customer and that makes PERFECT sense.

Because I work on the corporate side of things, I will let u on a little secret... Companies treat their customers on a macro level, meaning they can't spend a whole lot of time, or even any, for any little question for the individual. .

Trust me I appreciate and thank you for your expert explination but like I said I cant be the only one inquiring if they do indeed have LCD's with matte screens. If they deal with us on a macro level then why allow us to contact them with individual questions in the first place? They should just have a online knowledge base that answers macro level questions.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnswer_03 /forum/post/16944995

For 2009, I believe all the models B640 and higher are Ultra Clear Panel and all the edge-lit LEDs (B6000 and higher) are too.

No, the LNXXB630 series has matte screens. I figured this out like a week ago. I sent that e-mail to Samsung 2 weeks ago and I just got the response back today.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnswer_03 /forum/post/0

For 2009, I believe all the models B640 and higher are Ultra Clear Panel and all the edge-lit LEDs (B6000 and higher) are too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urlacher5454 /forum/post/16945053

No, the LNXXB630 series has matte screens. I figured this out like a week ago. I sent that e-mail to Samsung 2 weeks ago and I just got the response back today.
YES...HE SAID b640 and higher are UCP Ultra Clear Panels...etc

makes me wonder what they said, and what you heard.

TVbc

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVbc /forum/post/16945908

YES...HE SAID b640 and higher are UCP Ultra Clear Panels...etc

makes me wonder what they said, and what you heard.

TVbc

No need to get smart. I misread the earlier poster. Thanks for correcting me. I copied and pasted exactly what was said in the e-mail. What they said was clear as day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.