AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I activated my 1st unit. Probably took 15 minutes. The next day my battery was low. After running the vehicle a few minutes it showed charged. I turned on the XM receiver and the batery meter dropped by 3 volts!

I'm not using the cassette adaptor (kept getting interference). It's using the internal antenna to interface with the vehicle stereo.

I'm using the cigarette plug adaptor. This is really strange. I thought this thing was low power consumption.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I left my roady on 24 hours a day, never had a problem with the charging system or the battery.

I would have your electrical system checked by mechanic/auto store.

Jamie

·
Registered
328 Posts
I left my roady on 24 hours a day, never had a problem with the charging system or the battery.

I would have your electrical system checked by mechanic/auto store.

Jamie

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Weird coincidence then, I guess.

Would you believe Chevy wanted over $500 to replace just the alternator?? :eek:

I found a shop down the street and for half that they did the job in 2 hours AND recharged my A/C. :cool:

Sadly, my vehicle had only 27,000 miles but was past warrenty due to time. I'd rather not have had it go out. I sure didn't like having to shell out so much for something that I've done in years past myself on older vehicles for little of nothing. But I'm gonna have a hard time taking anything back to the dealer for service anymore after this. At least they only got $50 from me to tell me what the other shop verified in 60 seconds. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by restart88
Would you believe Chevy wanted over $500 to replace just the alternator?? :eek:
Please understand that Chevy will install new G.M. parts (not some cheap off-brand, half-assed rebuilt, piece of junk).

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool4life
Please understand that Chevy will install new G.M. parts (not some cheap off-brand, half-assed rebuilt, piece of junk).
I understand that well. That's why I went to them 1st. Then they wanted $500+ and I shopped around.

Talking about that great GM quality parts list, I'm on my 3rd Delco battery. The 1st was under warranty. The 2nd wasn't, but the dealer was nice enough to find a way (since there was supposed to be a 5 year warranty on the battery, but apparently that was only 1 year on my replacement). And even with the alternator lifetime warranty, it was the labor that was the killer. Book shows it as a 2 1/2 hour billable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.