AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the Silver Sensor is UHF only, but the only channel I have that is in the VHF range is channel 13. With it being so close to the UHF range, will the antenna still pick it up?

It would seem kind of worthless for me to buy a UHF antenna for just one channel.

Also, will the SS have any issues picking up channels from about 12 miles away? Luckily all of the stations broadcast from the same general area in town, so the direction from where I live would be identical for all.

Seems like the SS might be the best option for me.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
You won't know until you try. I'd just pick up the SS at Circuit city or Sears, and see if it works.

I think people report that the SS will work on high band VHF stations if the signal is strong enough, so it may work for you...

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Ch. 13 (210-216 MHz) is really not very close to the UHF band (470-806 MHz). Cable channels 23-64 are actually located between OTA channels 13 & 14! If a UHF antenna doesn't get good Ch. 13 reception, try a rabbit ears adjusted to 26.7" (Ch. 13's half-wavelength). If you are in a strong signal area, the RE might get the UHF channels too and save you some bucks. If it only gets Ch. 13, couple it to a good UHF antenna with a 75-Ohm VHF/UHF joiner.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Squeak

I use a Silver Sensor and pick channel 13 in my area without any problems I am about 50 miles from the transmitter.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wward
Squeak

I use a Silver Sensor and pick channel 13 in my area without any problems I am about 50 miles from the transmitter.
Channel 13 analog, or your local VHF channel 13's mapped UHF DTV signal, possibly called 13.1 on your program giude?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.