AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering this PJ for my first but I would like to know if it can be ceiling-mounted. I don't want to use the digital keystone correction and ruin the image. How does it compare to the VPL-CS3? They use the same lamp and panels, don't they? Can the CS3 receive progressive signals? I want to take advantage of my progressive scan DVD-player.

Thanks

TAH

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just downloaded the user manual for the VPL-HS1 and the CS3.

The HS1 does not use the same bulb as the CS3, the HS1 bulb is cheaper to replace. The manual does not mention anything about ceiling-mounting. When is SONY going to learn that ceiling mounting is important in HT (well, it is to me)?

It seems that the CS3 is not able to recieve progressive scan. It does however, recieve interlaced component.

The price difference between the two here in Norway is about $600. This might be the determining factor when I decide. It would be nice to have the option of progressive scan as with the HS1 but the lower price of the CS3 is tempting.

Any suggestions?

TAH

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm afraid the best I can do is give the Australian situation :)

Here, the NEC vt 540 (which i ended up getting) goes for a few hundred dollars more than the retail price of the cineza ($6400 vs 5999). For that, I got a brighter image and higher resolution (but with less design flair and a slightly larger package).

The vpl-cs3 is a touch over $4000.

I also looked at a couple of xga dlps for around 7300 (nec lt150 and davis x16).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.