AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have an issue with 7.1 audio playing through my Yamaha RX-V467. That is to say, it doesnt play at all. Long story short; can this amp take a 7.1 stream and make a 5.1 stream out of it?

Backstory - I bought the Popcorn Hour C-300 to play blurays, but the audio options for that unit are either 'downmix' (stereo only), or 'passthrough' (let the next device handle the stream). I'm trying to watch ST:TNG bluray discs which are 7.1.

So when i set the C-300 to 'downmix', i can watch my beloved discs in glorious stereo. If i set it to passthrough, there is no audio at all.

Now i've read a couple of conflicting forum about the RX-V467, one says this amp has no 7.1 decoding, and another says it has true 7.1 decoding but only 5 internal amps. So ultimately, i dont even know if the amp can do it.

So i guess what i'd like to know is, can the amp do anything at all with 7.1 (converting to 5.1 would be ideal), and if it can, how??

Thanks in advance.

sym

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.