AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m considering subscribing to D’s HDTV package, primarily for ESPN and espn2 (assuming D adds it in September as rumored). My current setup: round dual-LNB dish; 2x4 nonpowered multiswitch; two series 1 DirecTiVos, one in the family room connected to a SDTV and one in the basement connected to an HDTV, each with two sat cables. I understand the dish will have to be upgraded to a triple LNB. If I get an H10 receiver, is there any way I can connect it in the basement without running a third cable while keeping two lines connected to the dtivo? Could I put a cascadable multiswitch where the two lines come out in the basement?

TIA,

Eben

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
You'll need to run a third line, if you need more then 4 connections off the dish, you'll need a 4 x 8 multiswitch and all 4 runs from the dish will need to go to it first.

Why not consider the HR10-250 HD Tivo to replace your exisiting one, you can get them through customer retention these days for $299 with the dish upgrade and a $100 mail in rebate. Check the Recorders forum here for the thread pertaining to the details on this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.