AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a problem with my Barco 701s losing convergence between viewings and was instructed to try adjusting the red and blue alignment pots. Well, I found the pots and have adjusted it as suggested.

Only problem is, as I hinged up the main board so the convergence went way out once it was hinged above about 30 degrees. When fully lifted I adjusted the pots having set the positions to 50 on the scale. problem then is as I placed the board back down the convergence went way out again once it dropped below the (approx) 30 degree angle.

Only way I could do it was to guess how much it needed to be adjusted in reverse when the board was raised so as it was put back down it corrected itself. Surely this cannot be right.

Can anyone shed any light on whether this is correct. The gent I bought it from says it is right in doing this but it seems very strange.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
The NEC's do the same thing. It is the proximity of the metal to the tubes and deflection yokes that causes this, and is perfectly normal. We have to correct for this the same way.

Marc

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Marc. That puts my mind at rest somewhat and makes me think the regular loss of conevergence is indeed a faulty board. I'll fit the new one tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Neil

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Neil,

Take your time on this and let the projector stabilize in temperature, closed up with the cover on. Take any tools off the top of the projector and move the ladder. As Marc says, anything metal will affect it as well as temperature. Doug

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Doug, sometimes I think the projectors know when we THINK wrong about them.

Marc

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Yep, just like females. Throw money at them and they're happy...

Chip S.

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Doug:

By the projector or the girlfriend???...:)

Curt

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
If Doug's projector is making him dinner, I wanna know what model... because my Barco has never made me dinner.

Wife on the other hand is quite nice about dinner.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.