AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently layed away a TV at Wal-mart. I don't know if you guys heard of it but it's a CRT 27" RCA HDTV monitor and it's only 294 Bucks. Well, I noticed on the box it says component compatible 1080i/480p. So I don't think it supports 720p natively. But, can it upscale 720p to 1080i?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I don't think 'upscaling' would be the correct word. I think you'd need to see if it, or any of your components would deinterlace. What are your inputs, anyway. Are you thinking of ESPN, which is broadcast 720P?

What type of tuner / STB do you have?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
LimitSix,

This forum is dedicated to CRT Front Projectors. While there are lots of VERY knowledgeable people here, you would probably be better served by posting in the correct forum.

I would suggest "Direct View (single tube based) Displays

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Hey GEBROWN- Go easy on the guy, he just wants info to play his games. No need to be rude to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEBrown
LimitSix,

This forum is dedicated to CRT Front Projectors. While there are lots of VERY knowledgeable people here, you would probably be better served by posting in the correct forum.

I would suggest "Direct View (single tube based) Displays

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I was trying very hard not to be rude, just to redirect him to a forum where might get a more definitive answer on the single tube CRT TV that he originally asked about.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raster
Hey GEBROWN- Go easy on the guy, he just wants info to play his games. No need to be rude to him.
Pot? Meet kettle.

SC

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
You have good taste in equipment- We almost have the same setup- I have a 1272 with the Draper Cineperm wall screen. Maybe we're related???

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEBrown
I was trying very hard not to be rude, just to redirect him to a forum where might get a more definitive answer on the single tube CRT TV that he originally asked about.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Raster,

Why don't you answer LimitSix's original question?

With regard to the RCA D27F750T TV that he has on layaway "can it upscale 720p to 1080i?"

Here you have a unique and grand opportunity to exonerate yourself - to actually contribute to the forum by providing a technical answer to a technical question.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raster
I would reply, but the question/answer is off topic for this forum. I don't want to break any rules
Hey raster- Go easy on the guy, he just wants info to play his games. No need to be rude to him.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie
raster,

You are the Frank Burns of this forum. You just invite verbal abuse.

Willie
Best summation ever. And it's from a cheesehead.

Go Bucs,

Marshall

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
And, to answer your question, I'm not familiar with any of the PS or gameboxes. As a side note, Wal-mart has some good deals on Sanyos as well. Good luck

Marshall

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.