AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for an inexpensive universal remote that has codes that will work for the Samsung SIR-TS360. Please help.

Thank you

Darren

·
Registered
120 Posts
Inexpensive? I don't know.. I have this box and use a Sony 3100 remote as well as a Harmony 659 for my wife and both work very well. They aren't cheap but a remote that can be programed on the computer (Harmony) is worth the cost in my opinion.

Check them out.

RHunt

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Wadsworth
I am looking for an inexpensive universal remote that has codes that will work for the Samsung SIR-TS360. Please help.

Thank you

Darren
Try posting your question at: www.remotecentral.com .

·
Registered
404 Posts
And the definition of "inexpensive" to you would help too. My HTM works, but it's a learning so I don't bother with codes most of the time. Then again, something incredibly cheap from radio shack that learns would most likely work too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
For what it's worth, I've had several learning remotes, and quite a bit of experience with the Marantz RC2000 series which is a fairly stalwart and comprehensive (albeit bulky and sometimes seemingly low-powered and quirky) solution. They have served me well for over 10 years, through dozens of pieces of A/V equipment, with nary a glitch (save for a trail of AA batteries that I could lay from Pontiac to Howell and back again).

When it came to my SIR-TS360, however, the wheels came off the bus and I've had to use the actual Samsung remote along with my universal (ack!). There were some codes it just didn't want to learn--the power on/off code being one of them, if memory serves. Truthfully, though, it hasn't been something I've put a whole lot of time into troubleshooting and it hasn't been a huge problem. If anyone here has found a uni (such as the Harmony, which I've thought about picking up before) that does work with the SIR-TS360, I'd like to know about it. :)

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I have a OFA-8811 learning remote. People either love these remotes or hate them, and I am one who loves them. In addition to reproducing almost all the buttons on the original remote, it has four macro buttons and four learning buttons which you can assign buttons from the original remote to. The problem is that you can't rename the buttons, but you have to remember what you've assigned to what. I was able to program this remote easily using a computer program available on the net (go to www.hifi-remote.com/forums for more info). I have not had any problem getting everything that was on the original SIR-T360 remote onto this learning remote. www.remotecentral.com is another good place to go for info.

SMK

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
I've had several universal remotes that I've used for the TS360. None of them had the codes prebuilt except for the Harmony.

Sony RM-VL710: Awesome remote for the price. Learned TS360.

Kameleon 6 in 1: Decent remote for the price. Eats batteries. Learned TS360.

Harmony 880: Expensive remote at retail. The Harmony remotes are virtually identical except for button layout.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have a Universal Remote Control Inc. URC-200 that I use with my TS360 and it works great. I did have to re-learn a couple of keys twice to get them to work, but so far no other problems! My old URC SL-9000 never could learn certain keys on the TS360 like Resolution and Format....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I dunno why...when it came to the TS360, my Marantz RC2000 didn't want to learn a couple of "key" buttons--the power button was one of them. I like the idea behind the Harmony and have had my eye on it for a while...maybe Santa will throw one down the chimney. :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have a Harmony remote (can't remember the model number). Worked first time without a problem. They now have a $99 model that should be worth a look.

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.