AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a while, and the old list is fairly out of date. A lot of resellers seem to have ditched their stock. Can we work on a new one? Or is there no interest :)

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
*UPDATE* 11/13/05

Well if you're serious!:) here is the updated list. List originally posted by randosel. edited and updated to remove retailers who no longer carry D-theater. Also removed stores that have listings but none are in stock.

Amazon.com search DVHS (TAX: KS, ND, WA) very little in stock most form third party sellers.
BestPrices (TAX: CA) (2 titles in stock 11/13/05)
Big Rock Media search for DVHS, out of stock items will be noted in cart. (5 titles in stock 11/13/05 Fight Club, Dont Say a word, ninth gate, van wilder, peacemaker. )
Buy.com search for DVHS. Other VHS titles with "D" in it are also on the list (TAX: CA, MD and MA) (1 TITLE LEFT The Haunting 11/13/05)
Captain Video Sales and Rental
CRT Projectors UK Price include VAT & UK delivery. "We do not keep the full catalogue of D-Theater titles in stock."
DVD Box Office Canada, Not stocked (from distributor). Easy to cancel orders. (PST+GST: ON, GST: ROC)
DVD Empire realtime inventory (VERY FEW TITLES LEFT 9/14/05) , easy to add, delete, change, cancel orders via web interface. (TAX: PA)
D-VHS Movie Owned by JVC orders redirected to JVC service stock iffy
D-VHS Movie Guide Widescreen Review's store (TAX: CA) TITLE: Love Actually 2 left!
Fox Store 20th Century Fox's Online Store (17 titles left 11/13/05)
HDNet Yahoo Store D-VHS tapes of HDNet's original programming, along with "Adults Only" material (TAX: CO, TX)
High Definition Rentals D-Theater, WMV-HD, X-BOX HD, Superbit DVD (Blu-ray, HD-DVD soon)
Movies Unlimited click search by title, input "D-VHS" in field (18 titles available 11/13/05)
Send Me Movies $5 handling, not stocked (from distributor?) (TAX: CA)
SuperDuperClub (2 TITLES IN STOCK The Haunting, Day after Tomorrow 11/13/05)search for DVHS (search button on left sidebar) (TAX: CA, FL)
Wilderness Video (D-VHS formatted tapes: TITLES Nature In Motion, HAWAII an Island Symphony)

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tony :)

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
I should point out that DVD Box Office's site lists titles they don't have and can't get. I have had 'Lost in Translation' on backorder since the week it was added to the site. I don't think they have any mechanism in place to declare something OOP.

That said, I got quite a few titles from them (using a 15% VISA promotion, and sales to pick my points).

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
dialog, is there a specific description you would want me to put next to DVD Box Office?

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Only that they don't stock the titles they list. I believe they order them from their distributor when they receive an order. So, add this:

Not stocked (from distributor). Easy to cancel orders. (PST+GST: ON, GST: ROC)

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Send Me Movies I believe also does the same. I've had to wait for their distributor to send it out several times.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
updated.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Kris,

Are you getting out of D-Theater?

Tom

·
Registered
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkmedia2
Higher Definition Rentals D-Theater, WMV-HD, X-BOX HD, Superbit DVD (Blu-ray, HD-DVD soon)
Thanks for the plug! :)

one tiny correction - it's High Definition Rentals, not Higher Definition Rentals.

Seeking a good logo artist - if anyone wants to earn free rentals, drop me a line.

Jason

HDR

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
updated:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering
You can add me to the list. With 28 titles for sale, I have as many as most retailers!! ;)
Just wondering if Alien is on that list? I too came to the D-Theater party too late, but am hooked on HD! I also have a few rare titles to trade as well.

________

deandelta

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
updated!! Showed how many titles are available in some stores. This is it folks. With Universal fainally bailing out last month, every store is running very low in stock. IT'S THE END!!:)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.