AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe we should one thread about Mits HC5000 calibration/tweak thread, what you guy's think?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have had mine for a few days now, I upgraded from an HD1000U. What a difference. There is one GLARING thing I do not particularly care for and that is the iris. I noticed it when watching Mr. & Mrs. Smith Blu Ray and in the beggining during there therapy session, going from bright scenes to a scene that was showing credits only drove me crazy. Other than that I love this thing. Its sooo quiet compared to my last PJ. I currently have my settings on:

Gamma: Cinema

Contrast: 6

Brightness: 0

Colortemp: cool

tint: 0

Sharpness: 6

Iris: depending on movie I have it set to open or iris 1

I also have it set to low lamp mode.

What are you guys setting yours up too? I am blasting it onto a 150" screen from ~15' away, screen gain ~1.2. It is setup in a decently dark room, wood floor and 13' ceilings so not to much of reflection. I still cant get over the black jackets of some people being just as dark as the black bars on top and bottom of the screen! Also a good adittion to this thread would beto find out what have people found to be the best blu ray/hd dvd to really take this unit for a spin! My wife and I were drooling during Apocalypto. Cheers

Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.