AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can we have a new PQ tier thread for people who use 133-inch to 159-inch screens?

on my 46" Samsung and Sony XBR LCD TVs, I agree with 98% of the tier

rankings for the Blu-ray movies.

however, when the same BD is viewed on my 159-inch screen, using Panasonic AE2000 1080p projector, the results are different... (because

the image is blown up much bigger, so every little flaw shows up more

clearly)

·
23,030 Posts
Good luck. Equipment differences will keep any kind of "reference" thread debatable regardless of screen size. And besides all that everybody has their own idea of what looks good and what doesn't. Also, I didn't think that PJ could throw enough light for that size screen and look ok - at least that's not the impression I got from doing some research a while back. But that's not a discussion for this forum.

larry

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
While I completely agree with the rationale for your request...it is never going to happen.

What % of AVS users, among the most serious hardcore Hders that exists, have screens 133" and over?

Probably less than 1%. Really. If you take the PJ only crowd your still at 10-30& at most.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I was under the impression that the AE2000 wasn't really bright enough to throw that size of a picture too. Brightness really seemed to be the only downside to that PJ too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.