AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still a few month's away from completion of my blended system. Since my screen will be wider, I have to completely rebuild my screen wall as it contains custom built-in tri-amped speakers that need to be moved. The millwork shop I am dealing with cannot get to me for 7 more weeks, so I wait.

Since I will be installing new tubes in my pair of projectors, I thought about trying something a little different - Swapping the positions of the blue and red tubes in one of the projectors.

If you look at the blend zone, only the green tubes have the same distance and angle with respect to the screen. The blue and red have considerably different distances and angles. If I swap locations of these two tubes in either of the projectors, then there will be perfect geometric symmetry throughout not only the blend zone, but the entire screen.

If one of you lucky guys that has a blend system up and running could throw up test patterns that best show any problems in the blend zone; view these patterns one color at a time, it could show if there is some merit to this crazy idea. If the green looks better than the blue and red....

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
I think this is being done by most of the people who blend or something simmilar to it.

Athanasios

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Hi Bob,

I actually started doing this some time ago. I decided to put reds at centre since red is more critical than blue, and the centre being more critical in the blendzone than the outer edges. I did find it certainly helped with colour uniformity also.

Since then, William also setup the same way, I'm not sure about Andres, Andy, Tim or Mark. (any other blenders?)

·
Premium Member
2,101 Posts
Currently mine are RGB RGB,

WAY back in 06/2005 I first considered the tube order change

This was my first thread about this entire subject

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219126

First TWO lines of post 3 bring a smile to my face.

Post 8 mentions the tube order.

Things have moved on a long way..........

When I had the 1209s pair up and running the RED and GREEN had no issues that were clearly visible to the eye, I did not really look for issues.

The Blue did have an issue.

This brings me onto a new subject.......

Individual R , G & B control via the Scaler...........

TVONE have a request from me for this ability within the 7000 series units.

What I have already noticed with my NEWEST system twin Cine9's is that the blue issue is not obvious - this is NOT setup 100% yet.

I have also changed the screen to a STEWARTFILM 1.0 UNITY gain screen - That is crucial to remove colour shift seen from different angles of viewing.

I am very happy with this screen change.

(Prior I was using 1.2 gain)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts